Our Baby "J"

Hello all. This blog is dedicated to the entire pregnancy and immediate birth of our little 'Bam-Bam'... ... Baby "J." Please click on any picture for a larger view or on any link for more information.

Friday, January 26, 2007

1cm down.... .... 9cm to go!

So early Tuesday morning we had another labor scare. At around 3am I noticed that I was having some pretty strong contractions. I began recording the times, etc., and at around 5am Clif picked up the phone to call the hospital. They advised us to either take a hot bath or put something warm on my back to help ease any pains. With nothing else ordered I decided to go back to bed while Clif prepared for work. Returning home for lunch he found me balling my eyes out on the couch because of all of the pain I was in. We then called the hospital AGAIN and was now told to come in.

3 hours, 3 blood vials, 1 urine exam, 1 pelvis and back ultrasound later, the triage nurse decides to take a look and see if there's anything going on. To her surprise she found that we were already 1 cm dilated and that my cervix was thinned out.

At this point they will do nothing to stall labor, I'm already past 37 weeks which means the baby is healthy enough to be born at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home