Our Baby "J"

Hello all. This blog is dedicated to the entire pregnancy and immediate birth of our little 'Bam-Bam'... ... Baby "J." Please click on any picture for a larger view or on any link for more information.

Monday, February 19, 2007

They LIED!

Attention: All soon-to-be Mothers...

...breastfeeding does hurt! Do not believe anyone that tells you differently. Yes, it is a wonderful and natural experience that you share with your newborn. Yes, it is the best food you can provide for your little one... but DAMN it hurts.

We were told by EVERYONE that breastfeeding would not hurt. Even in our brestfeeding prep class the instructor told us that "if it hurts, you're doing something wrong!" Well, I don't know when the last time she actually breastfed, but on day 3 I was ready to scream bloody murder. On the first day it only hurt briefly, but I think I was too proud of the fact that I was breastfeeding to really notice. The second day was pretty much the same, as I was really trying to stay on track with my schedule and all. When we were discharged and I was able to sit back on my couch... all hell broke loose. There were some pretty rough times where I asked Clif to make a bottle of formula. Of course we didn't use those bottles, but we came very close.

Beware is all the advice I have to give!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home