Our Baby "J"

Hello all. This blog is dedicated to the entire pregnancy and immediate birth of our little 'Bam-Bam'... ... Baby "J." Please click on any picture for a larger view or on any link for more information.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

False Alarm

So this morning at around 9:30 I noticed that I was having some slight cramping. This can be a normal thing from time to time because my uterus should be 'doing it's thing' to prepare for the birth of the baby. At around 10a I noticed that I had already had 3 contractions, 5-6 minutes apart, lasting for around 20-30 seconds. No big deal right. I sit there and begin to really look at the clock and see if this 'uneasiness' has a schedule. Clif turns over and asks if there is anything wrong. I tell him what's going on and the first sentence out of his mouth is.... "Do you think I'll be able to take a shower first?" [immediate desire to back hand him is what I felt]"Sure, go ahead."

While he's in the shower for 20+ minutes (yes... 20+) I have another 3 contractions. These ones are stronger than the ones I felt earlier. While he was still in the bathroom, I call the hospital and ask for some advice. 'Heather' tells me to drink lots of water, stay off of my feet (which I was never on to begin with this morning) and keep my bladder empty. Clif comes out of the bathroom, gets me some water and I begin to drink. Now the contractions are coming even stronger and they're at 3-5 mintues apart. We wait for a few more pains and then decide to head to LCoM.

Upon arrival I'm hooked up to the monitor. It's detecting both my contractions and the baby's heart rate. All is well with the baby and the nurse sees my contractions. After talking to my doctor's weekend replacement, I was given a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions. One hour later we were released to go home, hopefully not to return for another 7-8 weeks. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home