Our Baby "J"

Hello all. This blog is dedicated to the entire pregnancy and immediate birth of our little 'Bam-Bam'... ... Baby "J." Please click on any picture for a larger view or on any link for more information.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Daddy is a culinary genius!

Wow... what a treat.

Clif called yeste
rday from work to tell me that he'd be preparing dinner for us. He was all excited, he already knew what he wanted to prepare. Now I know I shouldn't have been thinking what I was thinking but one of the last times he decided to venture into the unknown area of dinner preparation, it didn't turn out so well. Breakfast is a different story... ... my baby has skills with (1) loaf of bread and (10)sun-dried tomato eggs for two(um, um, yum!)

So when we hung up the phone and I immediately began to think about how this meal would turn out. Ohh, I forgot to tell you what was on the menu:
chicken marsala
,
potato samosas
,
with jasmine and cilantro rice. Sounds great huh? Sounds like the Iron Chef of Torrance, right? Funny how my first thought was... why does he do this every time? Why can't he just make something simple. Baked chicken, mashed potatoes and/or rice. Simple. Would have gotten the same effect and everything. Oh, but no! He has to add lime and seasoning to the chicken, experiment with Trader Joes Marsala sauce, chop up cilantro that he has no idea what it is going to taste like with already jasmine flavored rice. Damn this
could turn out bad.

Ok, so he arrives home at around 8 or so, with a big bag from the store. He comes in with a big smile on his face and 'are you ready to eat some good food' on his lips? "Yup, I'm ready!" He's off to the kitchen. I hear the sounds of the dishes being washed, and opening/closing of the refrigerator door. Boy... he's really working his stuff in there. Then comes the question I was waiting for, "Baby, how long does it take to make chicken?" I knew it.


Well, he finished up the dishes, made the dinner he said he was going to and then walked out of the kitchen like a defeated bull fighter. "Or you ok baby?" I asked. "Yeah, dinner took longer to make than I expected" he said. He went back into the kitchen, plated us up some grub and guess what.... ... IT WAS GREAT! The chicken was tender, juicy and very spicy, with just a hint of lime juice. The rice (although very sticky) was also seasoned perfectly with poetic sprinkles of cilantro throughout. Even the samosas' were flaky (although a little soft) and a nice addition
to the meal. At approximately 10:30pm Clif was able to declare himself to be a threat in the kitchen.
Long live Iron Chef Clifton!

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby "J" said...

LOL, Lisa. The funny part is that my husband does things by trial and error. He simply baked some chicken thighs (seasoned with lime juice and seasoning salt) for about 30 minutes on 375 (I think). He think cut up the pieces into bite size portions and put them inside of a pan (he used a frying pan) on top of the stove and poured the 'Trader Joe's' marsala sauce into the pan and covered the chicken. He let that cook for another 30 minutes (covering the pan) and VIOLA! The rice was again 'Trader Joe's Jasmine rice' that he cooked normally on top of the stove and he just cut up some cilantro and added it to the water.

Simple right? Why was I scared? You have to know my husband :)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home